Sunday 26 June 2016

YUGUE: the kitchen sink

A castle must have everything: even a kitchen sink. But I have always thought the typical dolls house sink (Belfast sink in two brick supports) was a bit, well, typical. Trying to pack in as many kitchen features as possible, I decided that the Victorian owners must have converted an old Georgian brick stove into a sink when the Victorian stove range was installed. That way I could make a brick stove AND a sink I the same space a bit like this one at Lanhydrock (?):


Here are some of the other brick stoves that inspired me: 

Kew Palace 

Ham House

My digs in Nottingham whilst on tour with RSC's Dream 16!

And here is mine under construction: 


The structure is box card, with cereal card for the arches. The egg carton bricks are placed 7mm apart. I don't think I've really got the hang of the brick arches though.

And here it is before the grouting:


The sink is a bought, plastic sink, painted white with acrylics.







No comments:

Post a Comment